Of course I have to make a layout about the Trimcraft Bloggers Day! Always keep your memorabilia from days out as you can use them in your scrapbook. I kept my name tag, the tag from my 'goody bag' and the little business card, all of which feature on the layout. The balloon in the photograph lasted 3 weeks but I eventually had to cut the end off and let it down. I'm not throwing it away (too many horror stories about sea turtles who think the balloons are jellyfish and eat them!). My scrapbook (from Paperchase) has a page with pockets on either side every few pages so the balloon will live in there as a reminder of an awesome day!
- Take four sheets of 6x6” patterned paper. Keep once its original size, cut 1 inch off two of the sheets, and 2 inches off the final sheet.
- On a 12x12” sheet of patterned paper, stick down the whole 6x6” sheet in the top left. Stick another sheet below and to the right and the other sheet even more so (but don’t stick this one down too much)
- Take the smallest sheet and cut a pennant into one of the short sides.
- Print a photograph at 4x4” and stick onto this sheet, then stick onto the layout.
- Print another photograph at 2x3” and mount onto patterned paper and then onto a tag. Slide behind the paper you didn’t stick down properly, then stick this paper down so it allows the tag to slide out.
- If you have a small memento that you don’t want on full display but still want somewhere on the page, make a pocket. You can do this by cutting patterned paper larger, then folding it around the piece of memorabilia and sticking the pocket down. Add a frame on top and add an embellishment.
- Add washi tape and stickers in the bottom right of the layout.
- Add a line of bows down the centre of the layout.
- Add a title. Use different colours and shapes of letters to add some interest.
- Add some journaling.
DCPAP052, DCPAP054, DCWDN037, DCRBN024, DCSTK033, DCSTK031, DCWST005, SCSTK007, SCSTK003, SCSTK009