Spring is officially here, (yay!) so why not welcome in the new season with Maxine’s gorgeous die cutting projects! Today she is going to show you three wonderful ways of using the pretty Dovecraft Butterflies dies to inject a bit of Mother Nature into your home.
What you Need
First Edition Wild Flower 6x6 Paper Pad
Dovecraft Butterflies Dies Set, Ribbon
How to Make
1. Add a few lines of Dovecraft Perma Fix tape to your polystyrene ball, where your ribbon will be. Cut a long length of Dovecraft ribbon, much like tying ribbon on a present, tie your ribbon around the ball, ensuring it attaches to the tape.
2. Cut another length of the same ribbon; loop it through the ribbon on the polystyrene ball, at the top. Tie the two ends together, this will make the loop to hang your ball.
3. Cut a smaller length of ribbon and once again loop it through the ribbon of the ball, but this time at the bottom. Tie a knot by the polystyrene ball and cut the ends of the ribbon at an angle to create two tails.
4. Die cut both of the Dovecraft Butterfly dies onto your chosen First Edition Wild Flower 6x6 paper designs. You will need to die cut approximately 20 butterflies from each die. Layer the detailed butterflies on the plain butterflies die cuts with glue. Bend the wings on the top butterfly to add dimension. Do this with each pair of butterflies.
5. Adhere your butterflies to your polystyrene ball with Dovecraft Perma Fix Tape, ensuring to stick them down close together to cover the ball.
This home décor piece will bring such a warm and springtime feel in to your home. Whether you hang it in a childs’ bedroom or by your kitchen window, this colourful project will wow anyone that sees it.
Maxine has also used First Edition Markers in three different purple shades on a vertical piece of card. She has then die cut 5 plain butterflies out of another piece of card and layered it on to her sheet full of marker lines. This will make a fab bookmark; you’ll never lose the page you were on with this eye catching ombre design!
These die cut butterflies paired together look wonderful on a white card design! The definition of the wings will add the perfect amount of detail. Whether it’s a birthday or a wedding you’re crafting for, this card is super classy.
How will you use the Dovecraft Butterflies Dies? We would love to see so don’t forget to share them in the inspiration area and to #trimcraft when sharing on social media.