Maxine is going to take you step by step to create this cool card shape using our adorable selection of free papers!
Download Your Free Papers Here
You will Need
Free Printable Papers
Dovecraft Flower Die Set, Bow Die Set, Best Mum Sentiment Stamp,White Card, Silver Mirror card
First Edition Nesting Circle Die Set
Simply Creative Adhesive Pearls
How to Make
1. Cut a 35.5cm x 12cm piece of Dovecraft white card stock. With your card horizontal, measure in 6cm and 12cm from either side. Score a vertical line at each measurement.
2. Measure in 19cm from the top left hand side corner and make a mark. From this point, score a diagonal line down to the bottom of your furthest score line on the left hand side. Next, following the same point along the top of your card, score a diagonal line down to the bottom of your furthest score line on the right hand side.
3. Turn your card 90 degrees and repeat step two. Fold each score line. Your card should now look like this, with a diamond shape in the middle of your design:
4. Cut your chosen designs from the free paper download to fit each section, Use Dovecraft Perma Fix to adhere each piece to your card.
TIP – Cut a 12cm x 12cm square of paper, cut this diagonally, then in half and half again to get 8 triangle pieces to fill in the sections around the diamond shape.
5. Die cut the Dovecraft Flower dies on to a variety of papers from your free download. Layer the flowers together with 3D foam pads and adhere them along the left and right hand edge of your card design.
6. Add Simply Creative adhesive pearls to the centre of each flower die cut.
7. Stamp the Dovecraft ‘Best Mum’ clear stamp to the centre of a paper design in your free download.
8. Die cut the fourth largest die within the First Edition Scalloped Circle die set around the stamp design, ensuring the sentiment is centred in the die cut.
9. Stick your sentiment to the centre of your card, in the diamond shape, with 3D foam pads.
10. Die cut the Dovecraft bow die on to a piece of Dovecraft silver mirror card. Adhere this with Dovecraft Perma Fix to the bottom of the sentiment.
Such a sweet make and this impressive card shape will really make your mum feel loved on her special day.
Alternatively, you could create a mug shape out of card and adhere your chosen paper designs from the free paper download to the mug shape. As shown on the card making tutorial, die cut your stamped sentiment and tie it to your project. This would be perfect for holding her favourite tea bags- a perfect reminder that she needs to put her feet up and have a cuppa!
You could also decorate a note book with these wonderful paper designs and finish with a sweet, stamped topper!
These free papers are so bright and decorative, perfect for creating pretty card designs in minutes! Maxine has die cut a line of bunting and stamped an adorable sentiment on a scalloped circle die cut. What a simple yet lovely make!
How will you use these free papers? We can’t wait to see so don’t forget to upload your crafts to the project gallery and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media.
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.